Our Mission (What we do)
The London Environmental Network (LEN) connects 45 local non-profits and community groups working with an environmental focus.
We work to build strong, resilient organizations so they can be more effective at creating positive environmental change over the long term. The London Environmental Network also acts as a doorway into the environmental non-profit sector so Londoners can more easily learn about environmental efforts in our city and how to get involved.
Our Vision (Why we do it)
We believe that by cultivating a strong, cohesive and empowered environmental non-profit community, we will engage more Londoners in growing a healthy, sustainable city.
Our Work (How we do it)
- Facilitate collaboration between environmental organizations
- Provide training and shared resources to make groups stronger and more effective
- Empower member organizations to communicate their stories better and become more effective at making change
- Be a central source for Londoners to learn about environmental groups, events and activities
- Recruit volunteers and supporters for member organizations
- Share and celebrate our successes!
Check out our Strategic Plan from 2016 to see where we are headed!
LEN Strategic Plan 2016-2018_Summary
Our Causes (What our members are working for)
- Clean & Renewable Energy
- Climate Change
- Food Security
- Habitat Protection & Restoration
- Hiking Trail Development & Maintenance
- Nature Appreciation
- Sustainable Transportation Choices
- Tree Planting & Care
Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Water Protection & Improvement
The London Environmental Network acknowledges that we are on the traditional territories of the Anishnaabeg, Haudenosaunee, Lenni-Lenape, and other Nations.