Growing Chefs! could not exist without donated funds. We are a growing charity that depends on the passions and generosity of Londoners for our vision of a healthy, empowered community that is engaged with its food system to take shape. Fundraisers are therefore integral to the sustainability of our organization. And we’re now looking for more passionate, skilled fundraisers to support our food education programming!
Our fundraising committee is an excellent opportunity to practice your fundraising creativity! We’re looking for members to take ownership of fundraising and contribute significantly to our corporate sponsorship, personal giving, fundraising events and other campaigns. Leverage your personal or professional networks, practice your event planning skills, and help get people excited about healthy wholesome food! The committee convenes once every 4 to 6 weeks, and members are expected to attend at least 75% of those meetings.
A Fundraising Committee Member must have:
- Enthusiasm for the Growing Chefs! Ontario mission
- The ability to commit approximately 2 to 6 hours a month (including meeting attendance).
- The ability to attend 75 percent of committee meetings.
- An understanding of basic fundraising principles
- A willingness to advocate for the organization or a fundraising campaign within your network, and to act as a positive community ambassador.
In addition, a Fundraising Committee Member would ideally have some of the following:
- Event planning experience
- Fundraising campaign experience
- Non-profit volunteer experience
- Note – we’re also interested in members who are looking to develop any of these skills.
Next committee meeting is Tuesday September 19, so complete THIS form to apply now! Email it back to the committee chair (Becca Minielly email@example.com) before Sept 19. We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon!