Green Drinks is back in London and we are hosting our next event at Joe Kool’s in the back room on Thursday October 5th from 6pm-9pm. Thanks to everyone who has attended June and August’s Green Drinks, we look forward to seeing you again in October!
The feature speaker is TBD, but the topic for October is “Community Energy Action Plans”. Did you know London has their own Community Energy Action Plan? You can read more about it here.
The overall goals of London’s Community Energy Action Program are to:
1. Increase the local economic benefit of sustainable energy use through:
- a. Cost savings from energy conservation and energy efficiency,
- b. Revenue from local production of clean & green energy products, and
- c. Job creation associated with product and service providers engaged in these activities.
2. Reduce the environmental impact associated with energy use, through the use of greenhouse gas emission reduction targets consistent with the Province of Ontario’s goals, namely:
- a. 6 percent reduction in total greenhouse gas emissions from 1990 levels by 2014,
- b. 15 percent reduction in total greenhouse gas emissions from 1990 levels by 2020, and
- c. 80 percent reduction in total greenhouse gas emissions from 1990 levels by 2050.
We will also have items up for raffle from our awesome event sponsers. Bring cash to purchase raffle tickets! Please use active or public transportation to attend the event if possible – there are many bus routes available and some bike racks as well.
Green Drinks is an organic, self-organising network of people interested in talking about environmentally related topics. Stay in the loop by checking the London Environmental Network’s website.