Have you ever wanted to know how to attract lots of amazing volunteers to help you with your work? Come find out how at this 2 hour workshop on volunteer recruitment.
Lead by Skylar Franke, Network Coordinator at the London Environmental Network. Skylar started recruiting volunteers through her volunteer work at Food Not Lawns. Skylar then recruited and managed volunteers for ReForest London for 2.5 years in two different capacities. By then end of her work, she had recruited over 250 volunteers in one year to help plant or give away over 4,000 trees to Londoners.
This two hour workshop will feature a 20 minute presentation, then 1.5 hours on how to setup SignUp.com accounts, create slick and easy social media posts and posters and how to book and present volunteer recruitment presentations. This workshop will not cover how to track or manage volunteers.
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- event and volunteer role promotions
- how to get volunteers to sign up
- how to offer orientation/training seminars
- how create a volunteer recruitment presentation
- a little bit about types of volunteers and how to recruit differently (ex. 1 day pop volunteers vs. long term office volunteers)
What to bring:
- if possible: a laptop and power cord – we will actually be working on aspects of volunteer recruitment in the session
- notepad and pen
Food: There will be snacks and beverages available for workshop participants.
- 6:30-7:00pm – network and snacks
- 7:00-9:00pm – workshop
Contact Skylar to sign up – Only for LEN Member Organization members.