- This event has passed.
Hyde Park Woods II Planting
May 28 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Date: Sun. May 28
Time: 1 pm – 4 pm
Location: 500 Hyde Park Rd.
Link to map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YoQao67SmZCHAXiTkAABQQbH7DI&usp=sharing
No experience, training or volunteer registration is required to attend a tree planting event. We’ll teach you how to plant a tree at the beginning of the event. View planting dates below.
Volunteer Groups – If you are coming with a group of 10 more or more, please let us know so we can acknowledge your group at the planting by emailing email@example.com
Here are some tips to help you have a great volunteer experience:
- Be prompt – we’ll teach you how to plant trees at the beginning of the event.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops please.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the weather – we plant rain or shine! Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Bring water – we’ll have a jug to refill your reusable bottle.
- Bring a shovel if you have one, but we have many to lend you if you don’t.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
Some of our locations are tricky to find. Please look at our maps and watch for posted white signs directing you to the planting locations.
We do cancel plantings due to inclement weather, so please check day-of on Facebook and our website if you are unsure.
To view more tree planting and volunteer opportunties, go to http://reforestlondon.ca/tree-planting-events